- 1 Why is there no deck 17 on MSC?
- 2 Which deck is the best on a cruise ship?
- 3 What can you do on the MSC Orchestra?
- 4 Why is there no deck 13 on cruise ships?
- 5 What is the difference between Bella and Fantastica?
- 6 Where is the best room location on a cruise ship?
- 7 What are the dirtiest cruise ships?
- 8 Is it worth the money to get a balcony on a cruise?
- 9 How early can you board a MSC cruise?
- 10 Can I bring water on MSC cruise?
- 11 What is the cheapest month to go on a cruise?
- 12 Can you wear jeans to dinner on a cruise?
- 13 What drinks are free on MSC cruise?
- 14 How much cash should you bring on a cruise?
Why is there no deck 17 on MSC?
Similar to buildings in the U.S. without a thirteenth floor, there is no Deck 17 on MSC ships because Italians consider the number 17 to be unlucky. The exclusivity concept offers customers upgraded services much like the concierge floor of a luxury hotel.
Which deck is the best on a cruise ship?
The lower and more central you are in a ship, the less roll and sway you will feel. Even if you choose a balconied stateroom, choose the lowest level and the most midship one you can find. The higher decks and cabins at the very front (forward) or back (aft) of the ship will rock and roll the most.
What can you do on the MSC Orchestra?
10 Things to do on the MSC Orchestra cruise ship – for introverts AND extroverts
- The MSC Orchestra has a library! I packed everything I could think of.
- Craft and beach days.
- The spa and relaxation room.
- Wine and rum tasting.
- Dinner in the dining room or sushi bar.
- Spectacular shows.
- Dance your socks off.
- Deck party.
Why is there no deck 13 on cruise ships?
In fact, the explanation is entirely down to superstition and the belief that number 13 is unlucky. Cruise liners are not alone in this. Many hotels also refuse to have a floor 13 or a room 13. However, the omission of deck 13 on cruise ships is in fact to help passengers who might suffer from triskaidekaphobia.
What is the difference between Bella and Fantastica?
MSC offer different experience levels. Bella is cruise and dining room/buffet food only. Fantastica upwards includes breakfast room service included. ‘Bella’ fares are the great-value way to enjoy the comforts of life on board an elegant, modern cruise ship.
Where is the best room location on a cruise ship?
Best for a Great View Cabins at the very front or very back of a cruise ship are most likely to have the best views, as they offer the widest vistas of the ocean stretching out behind or in front of the ship — or in the case of forward cabins, your next port of call.
What are the dirtiest cruise ships?
Top 6 Dirtiest Cruise Ships-CDC Publishes Its List
- Oceania Insignia. Oceania Cruises’ Insignia is one of the ships that received a failing score, 80 out of 100, due to issues with maintaining proper pH and halogen levels in its drinking water.
- Silver Wind.
- Silver Spirit.
- Safari Endeavor.
- Norwegian Breakaway.
- Le Boreal.
Is it worth the money to get a balcony on a cruise?
On shorter sailings, where the amount of overall time you have on the cruise limited, you may find a balcony unnecessary since there is not much to enjoy it. However, if your cruise is 7-nights or longer, that provides significantly more time to relax and enjoy the private balcony area, especially on sea days.
How early can you board a MSC cruise?
You must check in and be on board at least two hours before departure. You can check in online and collect your e-tickets up to 48 hours prior to your embarkation date. Visit MSC’s web check-in page for more information.
Can I bring water on MSC cruise?
Guests may also carry on a limited amount of non-alcoholic beverages on embarkation day. Beverages may not exceed 12 standard-size (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water for infant, medical, or dietary use are also permitted.
What is the cheapest month to go on a cruise?
The cheapest times to cruise are typically in the late summer and fall because of hurricane season. (If you decide to travel then, purchasing cruise insurance is a good idea.) But you can often find other patches of bargain sailings, especially during the early weeks of December and in the spring.
Can you wear jeans to dinner on a cruise?
Jeans and baseball caps are not allowed in the restaurants for dinner. On informal nights, jackets (ties optional) for men are recommended, while women opt for dresses or pantsuits. Tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits for men and gowns or cocktail dresses for women are suggested for formal nights.
What drinks are free on MSC cruise?
MSC Alcohol-Free Drink Package Menu:
- Wide choice of alcohol-free cocktails.
- Energy drinks.
- Mineral water.
- Flavoured water.
- Fruit juices.
- Coffee drinks (latte, espresso, cappuccino, etc.)
- Soft drinks.
How much cash should you bring on a cruise?
So How Much Cash Should I Take on a Cruise? As a general rule, plan to have $50 to $100 each day in the local currency. Also, you may want to bring an extra $20 a day for tipping crew members. Make sure to include smaller bills for tips.