- 1 What is the Christmas orchestra called?
- 2 Who composed Christmas canon?
- 3 Who sang Christmas Canon Rock?
- 4 Who died from TSO?
- 5 Why is Christmas Canon played at weddings?
- 6 What movie was Christmas canon in?
- 7 What Christmas songs have no words?
- 8 What is a sad Christmas song?
- 9 What is the story behind Carol of the Bells?
- 10 Why did Jennifer Cella leave TSO?
What is the Christmas orchestra called?
The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is a holiday show for modern ears, a kind of metal “Nutcracker” that uses loud electric guitars to restore the power that traditional Christmas music used to have.
Who composed Christmas canon?
“Carol of the Bells” is a popular Christmas carol, with music by Ukrainian composer Mykola Leontovych in 1914 and lyrics by Peter J. Wilhousky.
Who sang Christmas Canon Rock?
First off, the tour consists of two bands, Saltzman said. TSO was originally a single band that was split in two because of high demand for shows during a relatively short period of time. One band takes on the East Coast as another takes on the West Coast, but they play virtually identical shows.
Who died from TSO?
Trans-Siberian Orchestra is taking a step forward this year by taking a step back. The band, which was founded in 1996, suffered a crushing loss in 2017, when founder and leader Paul O’Neill died of an accidental drug overdose in Tampa, Florida.
Why is Christmas Canon played at weddings?
“The reason it’s called a canon is because of what the three violins do in the upper voices: they play in a round.” (Just as you’d hear in “Three Blind Mice” or “Frère Jacques.”)
What movie was Christmas canon in?
Listen to Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s ‘Christmas Canon’ from ‘The Vampire Diaries ‘ – Leo Sigh.
What Christmas songs have no words?
Christmas music no vocals
- O Little Town Of BethlehemThe Yuletide All Stars.
- Hark, The Herald Angels SingThe Yuletide All Stars.
- Silent NightThe Yuletide All Stars.
- It Came Upon A Midnight ClearThe Yuletide All Stars.
- O Come All Ye FaithfulThe Yuletide All Stars.
- Deck The HallsThe Yuletide All Stars.
What is a sad Christmas song?
7 heartbreaking Christmas songs that might make you cry
- Judy Garland – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
- Joni Mitchell – River.
- LCD Soundsystem – Christmas Will Break Your Heart.
- Chris Rea – Driving Home For Christmas.
- Wham! –
- Nat King Cole – The Little Boy that Santa Claus Forgot.
- East 17 – Stay Another Day.
What is the story behind Carol of the Bells?
Written in 1916 by Ukrainian composer Mykola Leontovich and titled “Shchedryk,” the song tells the tale of a swallow flying into a household to proclaim the plentiful year that the family will have. The song’s title is derived from the Ukrainian word “shchedryj,” which means “bountiful.”
Why did Jennifer Cella leave TSO?
“ I stopped touring because I wanted to start a family but was involved in the TSO studio recordings for many years with songs on the Night Castle and Letters from the Labyrinth albums. Both reached the Billboard Top 10.”